UNFORGETTABLE VOYAGE IN CLASSICAL GREECE
8 Day Package
Call or email FourWindsTravel for
Availability and Pricing
and we’ll contact you
DAY 1 - Arrive in Athens, Greece. Transfer to the hotel of your choice. The rest of the day is free to explore the city and sample its diverse restaurants and nightlife.
DAY 2 - Athens-Olympia. This morning we depart for Corinth to start our 4-day Classical Tour. Stop at the Corinth Canal. Drive to Epidarus to visit its theater, known for its remarkable acoustics and then on to Nauplia (short stop). Continue on to Mycenae to visit the beehive tombs and the citadel. Then depart for Olympia through the central Peloponnese area, passing the cities of Tripolis and Megalopolis to arrive in Olympia for dinner and overnight. (B, D)
DAY 3 - Olympia-Delphi. In the morning visit the ancient home of the Olympic Games and the fascinating Museum. Then drive via Patras and Rion, take the new suspended bridge to Antirion to continue to Delphi through Nafpaktos. Arrive in Delphi in early evening. Dinner, overnight. (B, D)
DAY 4 - Delphi-Meteora. This morning visit the Archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi. Walk the Sacred Way, visit the temple of Apollo, the theater and the stadium on the mount Parnassos and then on to the Museum housing some masterpieces of the Greek sculpture such as the famous bronze statue of the "Charioteer". Depart for Meteora. Drive through Lamia, Trikala and arrive in Kalambaka in early evening. Dinner, overnight. (B, D)
DAY 5 - Meteora-Athens. In the morning, visit the breathtaking site of Meteora. Visit of two Monasteries. After lunch drive to Athens via Thermopylae (short stop). Arrive in Athens in early evening. Overnight Athens. (B)
DAY 6 - Day at leisure. Select an optional tour such as an all day Saronic Island cruise to Hydra, Poros and Aegina. Or perhaps an afternoon excursion, driving along the dramatic coast to Cape Sounion, dominated by the spectacular Temple of Poseidon. (B)
DAY 7 - After breakfast start the half day morning tour of Athens which includes the visit of the Acropolis and its museum. Free afternoon. And for this evening we suggest an optional tour - the Athens By Night - inclusive of dinner (excellent Greek food) and Greek Folk dances in one of the most famous night clubs of the city. (B)
DAY 8 - Transfer to the airport. Depart flight. End of our services.
Included in the above is. . .
- All the transfers as per program
- Twin-bedded rooms with private bath or shower in the hotels of your choice in Athens. (5 star, 4 star, 3 star superior & 2 star superior rated hotels)
- Breakfasts (B) and dinners (D) as outlined in the program.
- Deluxe A/C motorcoach with the service of a professional English speaking tour guide.
- The 4-day Classical tour including overnights in the AMALIA hotels of Nauplia, Olympia and Delphi. (4 star rated hotels with swimming pools)
- The entrance fees while the 4-day Classical tour and the City tour of Athens
- Athens half day City tour with the visit of the Acropolis.
- All local, state and port taxes.